Us Diver's Triple 30's Backpack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Southside

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was looking on eBay and found something that I have never seen before, it's a US Diver BC with a backpack that contains thee 30 Cu Ft Tanks.

Rare US Diver Combination back around back sleek 90 CU FT Tank with Lg BC | eBay

From the listing:

"This U.S. Diver high quality combination BC with 90 cu ft of 3000 lb capacity tanks inside a hard wrap around shell was probably a sample that was never mass produced. I have never seen anyone with one or seen one for sale. It reminds me of professional diver set ups I have seen on advanced divers but this is a normal scuba set up. Inside the sleek wrap around case reside three 30 cu. ft. tanks. Attached to the case and part of the package is a US Diver BC (Lg Size). This set up glides through the water with much less resistance than a regular 80 cu ft tank and you have the extra air capacity as well. Much more comfortable than a single round tank. I loved this set up and used it for about ten years but I am no longer diving. It was only used in fresh water on Greers Ferry Lake. Got it at the Dive Shop in Memphis. The BC looks to be in good shape other than needing a standard replacement manual/and low pressure inflator hose to attach to the BC. The valve and tanks are in great shape but as with any scuba equipment you should have it inspected before use. Local pick up only."

Has anyone seen this before?

I think I have seen them, or something similar, on some of the old Jacques Cousteau shows. This is a double hose, center valve, but tanks seem to be encased. If anyone has seen them, our local Scuba Historian has. Paging @Sam Miller III ....

And this.....
US Divers Triple 30cu/ft Tanks

I'm bored......

Jay

Attachments

• IMG_2437.PNG
    IMG_2437.PNG
    439.5 KB · Views: 86
Body deleted
NO interest from the OP

My dear friend from the past @Jayfarnlaw ! It has been a while -- Hope thing are well with you and yours
With this virus I am concerned when I don't hear via telephone. e mail or SCUBA Board about or from friends.
All is well in CenCal -- so far !

Now to the question from the diver from Chicago who is a rebreather pilot with less than 50 dives who saw something he never seen before -- Imagine that???

Part one -- UDS

The Turtle! I haven't seen one of these since 1987!

The shop I worked for had one of these sets that US Divers sent us. The unit was a streamlined shell that held the three AL 30s. It was supposed to be hydrodynamic and make you look like Cousteau while diving. The Cousteau teams used these since they look cool on camera.

We took the unit in the pool. It was like swimming around with a parachute on your back.

We had a contest to see who could sell this contraption. A guy in our shop finally came in victorious, selling the thing to a noob that thankfully took it out of state so he couldn't come back and return it.

PS - If anyone has those cool torches they used to use in their films for sale, I am all over them! I have wanted to swim around with a torch underwater for years!!! :)

Attachments

• 00401578.jpg
    00401578.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 78
Three cylinders to have visually inspected each year and hydroed every 5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom