US Divers Rocket Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narcd_dvr

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone ever used these fins before? What do you like and not like about these fins? Are they any good compared to Scubapro's Jet fins? Thanks

I dove them for many, many years. I have Jets now. I like the jets better, but I dunno for sure how much is the actual fin & how much is the fact that an XL Jet fin is longer than my Rockets.

FWIW, when bought from an authorized dealer Jets come with a lifetime warranty. Rockets have a 2 year warranty. That means something to me as I tend to keep & use my gear as long as it will last. My current Rockets date back to either 1978, I think. My reg I bought in 78. Though it doesn't fit any more, I even have a custom wet suit that I bought in 78.

If the Rockets crack (and one does have one started), I'd have to pay to buy a new one. If a Jet cracks or something, SP will replace it.

Someone who uses Jetfins borrowed my Aqualung rockets (made in USA), although fine for diving doubles, he said they were flimsy compared to his jetfins. I have a second pair of Aqualung Rockets that are made in Japan. Same size and shape as the ones made in USA but are noticably stiffer. I like them both. I had medium size Jetfins that I dont use only because the foot pocket is too small for me. Should have gotten size large for comfortable fitting.

Thanks for the replies. I got a pair off ebay for $.99 and wasn't sure if they're any good or not. If it doesn't work out, I'll sell it here:)

At the price, I won't even worry if they won't work for you.

I dove a pair of Rockets before switching to the Jets. Personally, the Jets are way better.

I have an old pair of mismatched fins, one Rocket and one Jet and I can't tell the difference no matter which foot I put which one on. I'll give you $2 for your Rockets :wink: Double your money :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I have a single rocket fin if any one wants it they are welcome to it.

I just bought a pair of Jets from LP and its free shipping, couldn't resist:D As for the rockets, anybody wants a pair?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom