US Divers regulator set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oddthomas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Long story short, someone found out I was a diver and they gave me 2 sets of US Divers conshelf 21 regulator sets. First stage, second stage, Octo and consoles. They haven't been used in about 6 years. Are they worth getting serviced and selling them or are they not worth it?
Thanks for your help!

Long story short, someone found out I was a diver and they gave me 2 sets of US Divers conshelf 21 regulator sets. First stage, second stage, Octo and consoles. They haven't been used in about 6 years. Are they worth getting serviced and selling them or are they not worth it?
Thanks for your help!

They are reasonably good regulators, average performance, the first stages are more popular than the plastic seconds which had a tendency to crack where the LP hose connects.
I probably wouldn't bother servicing them if only to sell because (the cost of servicing being as it is) you won't make much profit on the sale. Have a look at sold items on Ebay and you will get an idea of the going prices!
The first stages are as good as a new Aqualung Titan, they had 4 LP and 1 7/16 HP ports (although hose routing is not optimum) and they are worth servicing if you want to use them, although I would probably look for a decent Conshelf XIV second stage to replace the plastic 21.

I was really only the non dayglo yellow octos that had the cracking problem. (there were two yellow octos, dayglo yellow and regular yellow)
I think that the 2nds are underestimated and are better than most people think.....they are very, very similar to the highly respected Kirby Morgan Super Flow 2nd stage.
Of all the various Conshelf 1st stages the 21 and the 22 are the ones to have since they have standard size ports and the best hose routing.
Definitely worth using and probably work perfectly as they stand.

they are worth servicing and diving. You will be hard pressed to find a better first stage

they are worth servicing and diving. You will be hard pressed to find a better first stage
If herman says it, you can take it to the bank. Get them serviced. Go diving. You will not regret the decision.

Thanks all! May have to have them serviced and keep the first stage.

Keep the first and the seconds. They're great regs. And late years before needing any service.

As Fishpie said, it is some of the yellow octos that have the greatest problem with cracks. Of course, a ham-handed tech (or tech wannabe) can break anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom