Urgent inquiry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssharkas

New
Reaction score
i just had a 4-yr bachelor degree in petroleum engineering and i was asking is it worth to spend money for commercial diving courses.is it gonna be helpful to start my career worldwide??

This is a tough question to answer for someone not knowing much about them. Do you want to dive in cold, zero viz water? Do you want to work long hard laborious hours? How old are you(commercial divers have a "shelf life")? Which would give you more job prospects and longevity, commercial dive school or going for a graduate degree? The good commercial dive schools out there have tuition comparable to most state school graduate programs. Just some food for thought.

i just had a 4-yr bachelor degree in petroleum engineering and i was asking is it worth to spend money for commercial diving courses.is it gonna be helpful to start my career worldwide??

Commercial diving is pretty much construction work underwater.

I would expect that you would do much better with your petroleum engineering degree, than you would welding pipes.

flots.

....and.....nothing having to do with your long term career is ever done "urgently". You have a totally kick ass undergrad degree. Calm the hell down and get a job, there are tons for that degree.

Hell NO! Come to Houston. Starting salary is 130K a masters degree would be the best career choice.

I have no idea how much and what type of diving a petroleum engineer needs to do. Could you elaborate on what you need to do underwater for that job? A commercial diving school trains you to be a tender not a diver although you will do a lot of diving in school. In diving terms a tender is an apprentice. You then work your way up from tender to diver over the course of a couple of years on the job. If diving is not going to be a huge part of your job this process will probable take longer then it will be worth for you. As imamidwestdiver suggested get a job first and see how much the company needs you to dive as a part of the job. This may be something you could do on scuba. If commercial diving is something they need you to do they may even pay for you to go to diving school.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom