Upsate NY - OW Scuba Courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NINman

Reaction score
-- Regulators: If this isn't appropriate please let me know. That way I will know beter and not do it again. Just thought I would put a plug out there and also wanted to get more people interested in diving especially in Upstate NY ---

For those of you that live in Upstate NY, around the Albany Area, there are a few OW Certifaction course being offered:

March 16th 2002 - Discover Scuba
Scotia YMCA
127 Droms Rd
Scotia, NY 12302
(518) 399-8118
Start Time: 6PM EST

March 26th 2002 - OW SCUBA Course
Scotia YMCA
127 Droms Rd
Scotia, NY 12302
(518) 399-8118
Time: 7 - 10PM EST

March 28th 2002 - OW SCUBA Course
Gloversville YMCA
19 E Fulton St
Gloversville, NY 12078
(518) 725-0627
Time: 6:30 - 9:30PM EST

These are all run by Paul Cornell who has been a YMCA Scuba instructor for 5 years and has 20 years of dives under his belt. He is also a D.A.N. Oxygen Instructor, Underwater Archaeology Instructor, and Reef Ecology Instructor. He has worked on the Submerged Heritage Preserves in Lake George and is on the Monitoring Team for the Preserves in Lake George and Champlain.
Past President of the New York State Divers Assoc. and the current Editor. He is able to teach courses from Open Water up to and including Asst. Instructor. Right now he is the President of the local scuba club (Adirondack Aquanautical Society) for Fulton County.

You can either contact me here or at bgreen@nyscuba.org or Paul Cornell at pcornell@nyscuba.org for information regarding these courses or anything else

Hi,
I just joined and live in the Rochester area. I am getting my OW now. We spend a couple of weeks in the Adirondacks at Moffitt Beach in Speculator. Any diving in that area?

We are thinking about a wreck dive in the St. Lawrence right before we go on Vacation. I've really been bitten by the SCUBA Bug and would like to dive some of the Adirondack lakes. Being new I'm looking for someplace I might find a DiveMaster.

NetPro
PS: I grew up down the road in Fultonville.

There is an easy access shore dive in Alexandria Bay NY.
"Islander" is in 15-60 ft of water just to the left (east?) of the hospital. You can see the mooring bouy, It's not far from shore.

Haven't dived it yet.

This is one that my wife and son want to do for sure this year.

I am new myself with about 18 dives under my belt. I have never dove the Sacandage Lake that Moffitt Beach in located off of. I have dove the Great Sacandage Lake which is just about 20 mins south of Speculator as you very well know becuase you grew up in Fultonville. I would like to explore some of the lakes so If you are interested we can team up while you are in Speculator and get some dives in. Shoot me a email or PM and we can swap some information. I will also ask some of our members and see if there is anything cool up there. I will let you know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom