Uproar over drones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm sure everyone has seen on the news about how private drones with video cams are becoming a nuisance. People are losing their privacy in their own back yards and in high rise buildings etc. to these peepers.
I'm very surprised nobody has mentioned the most obvious way to stop this....SHOTGUNS!
A longish barrel 12 GA with a choke and number 2 goose shot, blow the rotors right off and maybe even put a few pellets through the video cam. End of drone, and great target practice!!

drone-hunting-permit.jpg

Oooh! Better than clay pigeons!

Just finished a novel about a serial killer who used a rifle attached to a drone to kill his victims, then set off a virtual armada of quad- and octo-copters to bomb New York. Glad most drones don't have the range to reach Catalina from the mainland and return. We locals can't afford them. Anyone using one to invade my privacy would be sorely disappointed. I have seen some great drone footage of dive sites.

There have been at least two incidents now where fire fighting aircraft have been grounded during brush fires because of drones flying over the fire.

I agree that a shotgun should fix the problem, don't like the choice of shot though.... A heavy bird shot should bring it down with less chance of collateral damage.

TC:
There have been at least two incidents now where fire fighting aircraft have been grounded during brush fires because of drones flying over the fire.

I agree that a shotgun should fix the problem, don't like the choice of shot though.... A heavy bird shot should bring it down with less chance of collateral damage.
Maybe a smaller shot like #4. Something like #8 is too small and would lose velocity with any distance.
either way, shooting up the shot would reach TDC then just fall to the ground not causing too much damage.
All you would have to do is blow off a blade or two on the rotors and tbe thing woild come down.
God that would be fun!

There was also a drone that crashed into a geyser. Objects in geysers can severely damage and change the geyser. I think we shall see lots more problems with them in the years ahead. Very few things are currently drone proof.

I have been seeing these things swarming around here for a while. (article)

Cheap, disposable. Supposed to stop enemy drones by running into them.

AR-150719873.jpg

This weekend, they will have a kind of robot war between the different designs. They're trying for a fifty-on-fifty smackdown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom