Uploading Video Fails (HTTP Server Busy Error)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJeff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi,

I have beem trying to upload video files, but whenever I try I get an HTTP Server Busy error a little while after the loading process starts.

I am using the same method as for photos (that works), just selecting a .wmv file instead of jpeg.

Any ideas what is happening?

How big is the file? It might be bigger than the max filesize.

First file was 25MB, so I swapped to a 7MB and had the same error.

The file space quoted under my login in the upload page is a little mysterious, but if the personal limit is 100MB then I have space to spare for either file.

Disk space allowed on your account: 256,000kb (262,144,000 bytes)
Disk space used on your account: 25kb (25641890 bytes)
Disk space remaining for your account: 230,959kb (236502110 bytes)

It's taking too long... We have a server timeout set to maximize the forum usage. There are definitely some limitations with the photo gallery, but we're kind of married to it, since we have so many images in it, it's virtually impossible to switch to something better...

Quite frankly... Your best bet for posting videos is to put it on youtube or some other video service, and share it (or embed it in posts) using the "Insert Video" button, or the yt tags.

Like this video is embedded using the "Insert Video" button in the icon bar at the top of the editor.

[video=youtube_share;fyHPzdwPyqE]http://youtu.be/fyHPzdwPyqE[/video]

OK, thanks for the advice.

Will have to wait a little while, currently working with a "work" PC and most video sites are blocked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom