Upload your own avatars!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
After seeing an enormous growth in the number of custom avatars and virtually no abuse Scuba Board is pleased to announce the ability to upload your own avatar right from your user control panel! This means no more waiting, no more resizing, no more worrying about changing your avatar, ever again! To make things even better we have removed the post requirement for avatars so anyone can upload one and we even increased the maximum avatar size all the way up to 100x100 pixels! To upload an avatar follow these simple steps:

1) Go to http://www.scubaboard.com/profile.php?do=editavatar
2) Select “Use Custom Avatar” from the “Custom Avatar” Box
3) Click “Browse” and select your avatar location OR use a URL if the avatar is online.
4) Click “Save Changes” and in a few seconds your avatar will be uploaded and processed.

Cool, thanks for trusting us, Pops...

Very cool...thanks!

Thanks for making this great feature even easier to use. It's so easy to do.....even I could (did) manage.

Tech Admin:
After seeing an enormous growth in the number of custom avatars and virtually no abuse Scuba Board is pleased to announce the ability to upload your own avatar right from your user control panel!

What on earth is an avatar and why would I want to upload one?

scubapolly:
An avatar is the personalized picture icon that appears below the users name. Put your mouse over one of the pictures and you will get (at least I do with IE) a pop-up messsage. Hope this helps.
John

scubapolly:

An avatar is the picture below your name on th board. Why?... just because.

Back
Top Bottom