Upgrading Sealife Dc 1400 Sea Dragon Pro To A Duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steelyeyes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a SeaLife DC 1400 Sea Dragon pro with a single SL 963 flash. I dive in Puget Sound and in warmer climes. For tropical spots with better water clarity I think the single flash is probably fine. I've seen some really nice shots that lead me to believe that. However up here diving in the dim depths of green water I think an additional flash would make more sense.

I was thinking I'd just pick up a duo tray and another flash set with a tray, handle, etc and put them together. My only concern is connecting the light cable to trigger the second flash. I assume it wouldn't be that difficult but I was wondering if I needed another gadget of some sort to pull it off.

Thanks for any input.

The holder ring on the lens will carry 2 light cables, bit fiddly to get right but it has 2 channels for securing them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom