Updates on Whale Sharks, Humpback Whales and Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Rock

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
This is just to update our previously posted 2015 trips with photojournalist Tim Rock and author Simon Pridmore to Raja Ampat for great fish action, with photojournalist Tim Rock to Cenderawasih Bay for whale sharks, wrecks, reefs and macro and with photojournalist Tim Rock to Ha'apai, Tonga for humpback snorkeling aboard a private catamaran.

1) Raja Ampat aboard The Tambora June 27 thru July 6 - This trip is now full. Thank you to scuba board members for looking. We got a lot of looks and interest. Should anything open up, we will announce it.

2) We have 2 spaces left in the Master Cabin on a Biak to Biak one week trip aboard the MSY Damai 1. Join photojournalist Tim Rock to Cenderawasih Bay for whale sharks, WWII wrecks, reefs and macro.
The large Cendrawasih Bay National Park in the north of the island of Papua, otherwise known as Teluk Cenderawasih, includes Indonesia’s largest marine national park, and is one of the best dive areas in the archipelago.
Here are magnificent vertical drops, picturesque hard coral gardens, sponge life and many endemic fish.
This is the home of the world’s largest shark, the whale shark or rhincodon typus. In Indonesian it is called hiu bintang, or "star shark" for its spotted pattern.

We have only two spots left on the Biak to Biak one-week trip. Read about it here:

WHALE SHARKS July 2015 with TIM – 2 Spaces left!!! | Guam & Micronesia Dive Travel

3) We have two spaces left for the second trip around Ha'apai, Tonga and the third trip for snorkeling with humpback whales. This is a private charter aboard The Wildlife, a stable and fast catamaran with a very experienced humpback whale crew. By Tongan law, only 4 people are permitted in the water with humpbacks so our trip offers space for just 4 snorkelers so guests have the opportunity for an encounter every time one presents itself. The cat is extremely stable and topside photography for whale breaches, rowdy bunch action and other topside activity is done handily and safely.

September 12 thru 18 – Ha’apai – 2 spaces

September 21 thru 28 – Ha’apai – 2 spaces

Prices for this trip are in AUD$ so those with US dollars are getting a bit of a bargain in the current exchange rate.

Check the details for the final openings here:

TONGA Humpback Charters for 2015 | Guam & Micronesia Dive Travel

Here's a link to all of the 2015 trips:

Dive Trips | Guam & Micronesia Dive Travel

Thank you for looking.:cool2:

Last edited:
Having had the awesome pleasure to do a trip on Tambora with Tim and Simon I can highly recommend this great opportunity for excellent diving with excellent people. I enjoyed my last trip with Tim and Simon so much I am booked to go back again and cant wait.

Having had the awesome pleasure to do a trip on Tambora with Tim and Simon I can highly recommend this great opportunity for excellent diving with excellent people. I enjoyed my last trip with Tim and Simon so much I am booked to go back again and cant wait.

And we are definitely looking foward to diving and dining with you again!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom