Update on the scariest day ever....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
We got written acceptance of my offer on the house.

The builder accepted every request we made !!

He accepted the monetary offer....(walking in the door I have 25K equity already)
He accepted putting in over 200 feet of high quallity white vynyl privacy fence around the entire property.
He accepted bush hogging the way back part of the yard.
He accepted putting in a gas stove and refridge that meets my needs.
He accepted paying $2000 of closing costs.

HE ACCEPTED EVERYTHING>>>>>>>>>

I have a locked in rate for 60 days of 6.5 % and we close on Sept 26 when i get back from Barbados.

I am beat !!!! And, starting to get excited.

rich

Just stumbled across the last thread last night. Dare i say it?

:balloon Congrats, Rich!!! :balloon

RICHinNC:
We got written acceptance of my offer on the house.

The builder accepted every request we made !!

He accepted the monetary offer....(walking in the door I have 25K equity already)
He accepted putting in over 200 feet of high quallity white vynyl privacy fence around the entire property.
He accepted bush hogging the way back part of the yard.
He accepted putting in a gas stove and refridge that meets my needs.
He accepted paying $2000 of closing costs.

HE ACCEPTED EVERYTHING>>>>>>>>>

I have a locked in rate for 60 days of 6.5 % and we close on Sept 26 when i get back from Barbados.

I am beat !!!! And, starting to get excited.

rich
Congrats!

Shows you what a buyers market is all about... He's attempting to make payroll and keep the business floating during the lean times...

Two suggestions...

Hire an inspector to periodically check on the building. The inspector can be your best friend when you are accepting a new build. He will watch out for your best interests, even when the builder does not. He will inspect every step of the construction... I have known them to tear out joists because they were twisted (In this case, he marked it with a black marker as unacceptable, came back the next day to see that it was still in place... Then he took out a saw and cut it in half and left it in the middle of the floor, so they had to change it out!)

Hire a real estate attorney. they are professionals who are used to working with builders.

If you do those two things, you might just end up with upgrades you didn't even count on...

Again, congrats and good luck!

Is all that in writing? If not, it's not worth the paper it's printed on. And congratulations on home ownership!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom