Update on Scorpion Bay Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I emailed the contact info on their website 2 weeks ago, asking for more specific maps of the development, and if they thought it would impact the diving near the ranger station..... no response.

Well, it looks like Scorpion Bay will be ours for diving a little while longer. The drawing of the marina shows that the marina is not going to be over our dive area. The question is will they restrict access to the cove.

I talked to the Sherrif today at Scorpion Cove; after he let my buddy off the hook for "allegedly" peeing in the bushes :D. He said the Marina is going to be more over in the dirty shirt cove, but access to our parking area could be limited by parking lots, etc, he didn't know of any diving resitrictions they may have once it's up.

-Garrett

That's encouraging. I don't mind bringing my truck dolly to lug gear to the water with.

Back
Top Bottom