Update on Ikelite DS-50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rich52758

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to report back on the Ikelite DS-50 I was having issues with in early September. I sent it back to Ikelite with a letter as Ike noted. It came back just as requested. They replaced the manual controler for the defective TTL controler that had leaked. As some of you may recall the Canon S45 that I have needs the manual controler because the flash is not strong enough to properly set off the TTL one that I had purchased originally. And they sent me the anti spin bracket for the tray that Ike said they would provide. I dry shot it in the living room to see how it would work. The manual controler made a huge improvement over the TTL controler that I had replaced. Ikelite went through the whole thing and checked it out as well. I want to personally thank Ike and Ikelite for the service. I still think a chart on the website showing which strobe for is recommended for each major camera would be helpful. If one person was saved from the misery that I had it would be worth it on the PR front. As I noted before I am a vacation diver. I do most of my diving at resort or cruise locations in the warm water. Because of this I am selling the DS-50 on ebay this week if anyone is interested. I'm doing a cruise to Alaska next year so by the time I'm back diving into the warm water again I'm sure there will be major steps forward in strobes. I would not hesitate to buy a Ikelite strobe again. There service was as noted by others. Great. The quality of the strobe was good. I sure wish I would have had the manual controler on the last cruise so I could have posted great pictures like some of you here have.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom