Update on an Old Q: Rockboot => Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I wear a men's size 8 Rockboot and they fit into my XL Jet Fins perfectly. My Jet fins are the very old, pre-lightening bolt model, so I don't know if this footpocket is exactly the same size as that on newer model Jet Fins.

In any case, the size 8 Rockboot is just big enough for me, as long as I go with a relatively light sock liner. If I beef up my sock liner, then the 8 Rockboot is rather uncomfortable. So, I thought I'd try a size 9 Rockboot. Well, guess what, they don't quite fit into my XL Jet Fins--it's close, but the squeeze is too tight, esp when I need to don and doff the fins quickly in the surf. I cannot imagine that an XXL Jet Fin wouldn't be too large, if not in the foot pocket then definitely the fin blade itself (at least for me). Or is the XXL only larger in the foot pocket?

In any case, someone told me Scubapro came out with an XL Jet Fin that had a larger foot pocket. Is this true? Does anyone have a link to the product so that I can check it out?

Does anyone have another solution, sticking with both Rockboots and Jet Fins?

Thanks!

You should try the current SP XL Jet Fin model - it fits my Pinnacle size 11 rock boots on the snug side of well, so I can't imagine it being too small for your size 9s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom