Update for Predator firmware.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rongoodman

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A firmware update for the Predator, V56, was released today which adds some features from the Petrel, such as the tissue graph, and fixes a couple of things for the Prism 2. Mine installed without incident.

Just updated my Predator. Went very well but only after I realized I had to plug in the USB antenna to my laptop computer. I will blame it on a senior moment

Great update....the bells and whistles of the petrel with the bright predator screen we all love.

I like having the tissue graph on the Predator handset. It's striking how fast the compartments clear.

Pity they could not fix the bug that clears all tissue saturation information when replacing the battery, this is a most unsatisfactory feature of the predator and one would think this would be a priority to fix.

I assume the tissue saturation information is only in the RAM which is cleared as soon as the battery is removed. In this case the preservation of the information would need a source of voltage such as an internal backup battery or a capacitor. Neither can be supplied by a Firmware upgrade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom