upcoming trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nabster

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My girlfriend and I are heading to the bahamas later this week (fri - mon). We're going to be there for 4 days & 3 nights. I've got my advanced open water .. but she has never been diving before. I'd like to get her out with me on some dives if possible.

Is this feasible? I figure if we get her to do the pool session early morning on saturday .. she may be able to do some training dives later in the day (which I could tag along for), and then I can join her and her instructor on sunday while they do the skill tests/dives? Now that I'm thinking through this ... it sounds like an unreasonable goal.

ps - While we're on the subject ... if I had 2 days to dive in the bahamas, what operators/sites would you recommend? (I am going to do a search for recommended operators and sites in a second, but I figured I'd combine the two questions since hopefully I can find a dive operator who I can dive with, and get my girlfriend certified in parallel)

Depending on your location, you may have choices such as having your girlfriend go through certification where you may get to join her on some of her cert dives or she could do a resort dive and you could join her on this (shallow dive under 40')

I am familiar with 2 islands, Grand Bahama (Freeport and Port Lucaya) and New Providence (Nassau and Paradise Island). On Grand Bahama, you would have a choice of options (Grand Bahama Divers, Caribbean Divers UNEXO), but the one who could probably best accomodate you would be Xanadu. They usually have plenty of instructors available and run regular resort level dives. On New Providence, there are basically two options, Stuart Cove and Bahama divers, I don't know about their training schedules, but they both do resorts.

Sorry, I don't have any personal knowledge of any of the other islands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom