Upcoming GUE/DIR Demo Days in NYC and Boston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Sounds like a great event, be sure to tell us how it went.

Someone needs to have one of these in the South. Northern Florida would be fine.

Sounds like a great event, be sure to tell us how it went.

Will do. I'm sure one of us will be writing up a report. This is the first event of its kind in Boston.

From an attendee's perspective the Boston PG Dive demo day was a total blast.

Everyone from the instructors to the helpers from CT and MA were totally helpful and kind. Their excitement and passion were contagious.

Some basic things really clicked for me about the DIR way. Stuff you just can't read about on the web or in a book.

I hope that there is enough interest from us Massholes to get Ed and crew up here to teach the fundamentals. I'm sure I can swing a week in CT this year but it'd be easier if the class were up here. I'm not even sure where we could dive around here that would afford the conditions needed to videotape skills.

Everyone should bug the crap out of Paul to show interest so he's motivated to get a class together. I'd be interested in Ed's Buoyancy class as well. Maybe that's something we gather people to travel to CT for a long weekend?

Thanks to everyone for a great day.

-Eric

Highly recommend Ed's buoyancy (I and II) and Fundamentals classes. Regardless of your aspirations as a diver, your buoyancy, trim and situational awareness will be on the spot after the class: whether your goal is to learn exercising perfect control of your body to avoid damaging the reef in warm Caribbean waters, or avoid destroying the visibility in the situation with a very silty bottom and no direct route to the surface. These classes are not about the gear, but about developing your proficiency and skill level as a diver - skills applicable to any gear configuration and any environment. Highly recommend.

The Seminars are a great way to get a hands on introduction, meet Ed and George, see what anyone can obtain in matter of days in these classes, as well as meet other divers who went through these classes and willing to share their satisfaction of having absolute control in the water.

Any webpages to find out where some of these might be held? I'm currently in MS and I would really like to attend a GUE/DIR demo. Even a class for buoyancy would be great.

Thanks for any info.

Highly recommend Ed's buoyancy (I and II) and Fundamentals classes. Regardless of your aspirations as a diver, your buoyancy, trim and situational awareness will be on the spot after the class: whether your goal is to learn exercising perfect control of your body to avoid damaging the reef in warm Caribbean waters, or avoid destroying the visibility in the situation with a very silty bottom and no direct route to the surface. These classes are not about the gear, but about developing your proficiency and skill level as a diver - skills applicable to any gear configuration and any environment. Highly recommend.

The Seminars are a great way to get a hands on introduction, meet Ed and George, see what anyone can obtain in matter of days in these classes, as well as meet other divers who went through these classes and willing to share their satisfaction of having absolute control in the water.

Ed Hayes or Ed Gabe? I believe Ed Gabe is in Kentucky. Not sure about Ed Hayes.

EDIT: Ahh. must be Ed Hayes. To far for me to go. I might try e-mailing a few local (Northern Florida) instructors to see if they have something like Ed's buoyancy class.

Thanks.

Any talk of hosting one of these events in/around DC?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom