Unusual vintage twins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2airishuman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Unusual tanks I have just seen for sale locally. Never seen anything quite like these.

01414_8cEIFYE5MVz_05r07g_600x450.jpg

Known as AGA then now known as Interspiro. Used with the Divator set. They also made cookers.
Mostly used by police divers in Europe and some fire rescue.
Best known for fire BA sets the only difference being the spring under the handwheel in the fire set is steel and stainless for diving. The wheel is ratchet opening for fire use, and worn inverted,

They had a clever numbering system for example the 323 set was twin 3 litre cylinders at 300 bar hence 323, AGA parts are popular with the small USA BOV manufacturers, Flapper valves, diaphrams springs etc are all good quality and the Divator full face mask demand valve parts are easy available with non of the "Qualified Tech" nonsence you get from the scuba clowns industry.

Those sets in the photo are scrap.

Data Sheet enclosed:
https://www.oger.is/static/files/sl...980d01-divator_product-overview_en_lowres.pdf

It's been a long time, but I remember a commercial guy bringing something like that in to get filled when I worked at a shop in a former life. The shop's compressor wouldn't fill them to rated pressure. I remember these little doubles being deceptively heavy for their size.

Simple weight system like some Russian stuff but clipped to the back not the front

Divator Zeagle bc ha ha nice.

Back
Top Bottom