Unprofessional

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I placed an order a month ago. I've called, I've emailed, Ive left voicemails. I never hear back. Twice I reached Jakub, the first time (three weeks ago) he told me my order would ship that day. Two weeks later, we were disconnected during the call and he stopped answering his phone.

This is ridiculous. I know others have had similarly poor experiences -- has anyone found a solution?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If the service is poor, then speak with your wallet and take your business elsewhere.

I have purchased from Golem Gear with good luck, but that was only a couple of small purchases. I have had friends wait a very long time to get there orders.

I have found it is best to call and verify that the item is actually in stock prior to ordering. They will charge your credit card instantly and let you wait while the Chinese (or whatever other country) factory makes it and ships it over here.

I was ready to buy a canister light from them, but was not willing to wait for them to actually get it in stock. I went elsewhere and got it in 2 days.

I don't think that you have to worry about getting ripped of by Jakub. Sometimes it just takes longer than expected to get your stuff.

I'm posting here after a month of trying to reach Jakub otherwise. Calls are dropped in the middle and never returned; promises are not kept; e-mails are ignored.

I don't think that's excusable. Besides that's it terrible business and inconvenient for the customer, it's incredibly rude.

I sounds to me like the only "solution" you have is "order from Gg only as a last resort and hope Jakub doesn't decide to treat me like crud." Thats pretty pathetic, from a vendor that wants to be taken seriously.

What is it that GG offers that is so good that it might be worth all that angst.

What is it that GG offers that is so good that it might be worth all that angst.

They're the only American dealer for certain products from a European dir company. My order is for a harness part, which only they sell in the us, and which I need for.... Well I have an idea for making it easy to convert a razor sidemount system so when you dive singles you can use the right side of the belt for mounting something... That's beside the point.

Certainly, I would not, after this experience, order anything from GG that's available from another retailer.

Certainly, I would not, after this experience, order anything from GG that's available from another retailer.

You are not the first person that has learned this lesson the hard way. I hate to say it, but I am sure that there will still be more to follow in our footsteps.

Service was really slow when I ordered pockets from them last year. If I needed them in a hurry I would have been pissed, but I didn't need them right away so it worked out OK for me. I was, however, surprised that my order took so long to be delivered.

Reactions: Jax
What part do you need and could someone make it for you? I made plates for a razor style harness for someone and still have a couple sets but no time to play with them. They only took a few minutes on our waterjet at work. One thing about working in a machine shop is having access to tools that allow me to make things I'd otherwise have to wait on, find, or do without.

Reactions: Jax
Make a tank tumbler frame for me, will you? :D

What part do you need and could someone make it for you? I made plates for a razor style harness for someone and still have a couple sets but no time to play with them. They only took a few minutes on our waterjet at work. One thing about working in a machine shop is having access to tools that allow me to make things I'd otherwise have to wait on, find, or do without.

I had a very similar experience with GG when I ordered their GoPro housing several months ago. After repeated emails, the only way I was able to get a response was by posting on rebreatherworld.com. even then, essentially all I ever got was "your housing is backordered". although, when it did finally come in, he shipped it express at his cost, which showed he at least cared a little.
unless there are no other options, I will not be ordering from them in the future.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?afzfov

Back
Top Bottom