unloading for a few days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemurs2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are booked on the Nekton in Belize Oct 20-27. We decided to stay 2 extra days. The jungle lodges are pretty pricey to get to but has anyone ever stayed at the Belize zoo lodges? They have good prices. Any suggestions?
We are torn between staying out at one of the cayes and then just visiting the zoo or just staying at the zoo.
We were thinking that after the Nekton drops us off we would store our bags somewhere and take the bus to the zoo. Afterwards get the bus back to town and then fly out to one of the cayes from the municiple airport because it is about 40% cheaper then flying from the intl airport. We are too interested in the ruins
Feedback anyone?

I live in Belize but have never stayed at the zoo lodges. I have heard very good things of them though. If you're only remaining 2 extra days beware of doing too much travelling. Either stay on the mainland and look at ruins etc or come out to the cayes. In your position I'd stay on the mainland and plan a few really interesting places to visit. Depending what time you can set off from Belize City after leaving the ship I'd probably stop off at the zoo but then continue to San Ignacio and stay there. Lots of accommodation options in that area, at all prices. And lots to do - Xununtunich, Cahal Pech, Caracol a drive away, Actun Tunichil Muknal ditto. And jungle activities such as hiking, mountain biking, pony trekking, zip lining, cave tubing. You'll have just had a week's diving - don't bother to come out to the cayes.

Back
Top Bottom