Unlimited Shore Diving Big Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PacoRocco6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any dive operator on the Big Island have an unlimited shore diving package where you can take 4-6 tanks at a time & return them the next day?

You might want to check the post made by TinFins on June 25, 2015 and the replies.

If you can't find a shop that will rent you more than two tanks at a time, there are three shops I'm aware of that are located in very close proximity (basically the same commercial center complex). If you want six tanks per day, rent two from each shop.

-AZTinman

Jacks diving locker will rent you as many as you need but they are expensive, and they definitely gave us a hard time until they realized we weren't running underground scuba tours for uncertified divers. We took 10 Nitrox per day. Went through them easy each day, not as easy as Bonaire, you have to work for it on the big island.

All the other shops tried to limit us to two per diver. Jerks.

I can give you some tips if you let me know where you're staying and how experienced you are. There's some decisions you will make in your dive site planning that might actually have consequences.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Jacks diving locker will rent you as many as you need but they are expensive, and they definitely gave us a hard time until they realized we weren't running underground scuba tours for uncertified divers. We took 10 Nitrox per day. Went through them easy each day, not as easy as Bonaire, you have to work for it on the big island.

All the other shops tried to limit us to two per diver. Jerks.

I can give you some tips if you let me know where you're staying and how experienced you are. There's some decisions you will make in your dive site planning that might actually have consequences.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Just sent you a PM.

Blue wilderness in waikoloa has given me 6 at a time in the past, $10 bucks with a free refill iirc. I live on the big Island and could probably lend you a couple tanks if needed as well.

Dave

Tinfins, how much to rent the tanks?

Did anyone have a dive flag to rent?

Back
Top Bottom