United slashes airfares to BON (at least from EWR)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just checked my United flight from EWR to BON scheduled for the end of May. Seats on sale now for $264 R/T for restricted economy and $311 R/T regular economy. Nonstop flight. A bargain if the world is back to normal by then and you can actually take the trip.

Did not check other months but I suspect there may be similar savings. Tickets would normally be around $650-$750.

We like to fly into curacao and do a little stop there and then over to BON, then fly home to NYC/PHL. $90 One way to CUR! But that non-stop flight to/from is amazing!!

Are there any other destinations you are looking at for the may/june/july? I had to cancel my two month long Komodo/Bali trip that I was supposed to leave next week for. I need to rebook something to feel like I have something to look forward to!!

There are lots of bargains for air fare right now. I'm looking hard at a one stop flight from Little Rock to Maui for $362. It usually runs around a grand

I was also looking at Hawaii this morning. What island were you looking at, have you visited before? I saw like $450 R/T from Philly. I've only ever been to Maui, and that was before I was a diver.

Seems that is an incredible price from little rock!!!

I'm thinking that I can always turn the airfare I purchase now into a credit for another trip at the very least. Most airlines are offering no change fees some even full refunds. I guess the only risk is them going out of business!

There are lots of bargains for air fare right now. I'm looking hard at a one stop flight from Little Rock to Maui for $362. It usually runs around a grand
I've been driving over to MEM (from Lonoke) because some flights are so much cheaper.

I was also looking at Hawaii this morning. What island were you looking at, have you visited before? I saw like $450 R/T from Philly. I've only ever been to Maui, and that was before I was a diver.

Seems that is an incredible price from little rock!!!

I'm thinking that I can always turn the airfare I purchase now into a credit for another trip at the very least. Most airlines are offering no change fees some even full refunds. I guess the only risk is them going out of business!

Maui, there's some decent shore diving available. I've heard variable things about Molokini Crater, Lanai and the Carthaginian. But At least you're not having to do boat dives all of the time. I don't think with that $60 Billion bailout the airlines just got from Congress that any major US carriers will be going out of business.... but I could be wrong I guess?

and @DustyC I have flown out of MEM a time or two. But sometimes I get better pricing out of LIT. It's somewhat variable, but I have done it and saved hundreds of dollars with an extra hour or so of driving from LIT area.

LIT to BZE is $264 right now for September. Early hurricane season, but you could do Huracan Divers for less than 3K total. or BDH for less than 2.5K.

Just booked Colorado Springs to Bonaire in August for $336 each. The most likely not to get used in two weeks tickets were $753 each, and require a 2 hour drive to Denver. Hopefully sanity has returned by August (or sooner) and the island is open again!

I would jump all over that BZE flight if I didn't have August and October trips with The Dive Shop going already. I have a friend that lives there and has offered me her guest house. It's on my list.

Back
Top Bottom