United cancelled more August flights but resuming Sat only Aug 8th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cozcharlie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
FYI. I just had some more weekday United flights cancelled in early August , but it looks like they probably will restart Saturday only weekly service on August 8th. As a reminder, they had almost daily service scheduled in the first half of August but have always been planning to go to Saturday only in the back half of August as Cozumel enters the bottom of the normal low season (and also the peak of hurricane season)

I think they will probably honor those Saturday flights unless Covid situation in Texas and/or Mexico gets so bad the route gets caught up in some broader wave of flight cancellations A real risk given current trends, but will just have to wait and see on that one.

All in all this is slightly good news relative to my expectations . I never expected them to go from zero flights a week in July to one flight a day in early August to one flight a week in late August. The fact that it looks like they will actually resume Houston Cozumel service is a good thing (at least they didn’t cancel all the flights for the month like they did July flights in early June and June flights in early May )

Thanks for the update. Just checked and my Monday to Monday flights (great price :)) were cancelled. I was able to reschedule to Sat to Sat with no fee changes (same price) or hassles. No warning from United, so check'em if you got'em. Thanks again @cozcharlie :cheers:

If you can do the bag drag I saw about $160 RT Direct to CUN from Chi-Town around the end of July.I'll take the direct flight to the Yucatan every time.
The only time I've seen it cheaper was during the last Swine Flu era ($120).

cozcharlie,
Same here, we had flights for 3rd August and they canceled ours yesterday. Now were going with AA thru DFW. I do like the Hyatt there and the ticket counter is close to the hotel.

Friends don't let friend fly United Airlines.

Back
Top Bottom