Unique Rebreather Wreck Expeditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tftkey

Registered
Reaction score
We are running and developing programs for training and diving wrecks in the Florida Keys. Our initial trips focus on wrecks in near shore Keys waters. With our base of divers we are scheduling remote wreck exploration and documentation. These include exclusive WWII to early 18th century long term projects that focus on archaeological. No other divers or operations will be allowed access to these sites without our permission. If you are interested in staying informed check out our web page at www.rvtiburon.com and drop us an email.

tftkey:
No other divers or operations will be allowed access to these sites without our permission.

And how do you intend to do that?? Intimidation like your group recently tried?? Before you issue empty threats, you guys should really read up on Admiralty Law issues.
Trying to privatize shipwrecks such as these will likely alienate you from the diving community. Good luck.

boomx5:
Is that legal?

The short answer - no. There are special circumstances where one could prevent access, but that is not typical nor would it apply to sites such as this. Nor is an arrest open-ended, nor would any potential violation be a criminal offense. But I am sure if Tim really does "own" the wrecks now and "individuals need special permission" to dive them, he can fill the board in on the details....

aue-mike:
And how do you intend to do that?? Intimidation like your group recently tried?? Before you issue empty threats, you guys should really read up on Admiralty Law issues.
Trying to privatize shipwrecks such as these will likely alienate you from the diving community. Good luck.

I can't help noticing this recieved no answer. I guess if its not good/ free advertising, publicity he can't be bothered to post?? Come on Tim...Nothing to say? I'd also like to know how you plan to exclude others from diving these wrecks.

Tim can't possibly be serious, can he? We were diving those wrecks west of Tortugas long before Tim came on the scene. He can't actually think me or anyone else should be required to call him to get permission before we dive there again. If true, good luck Tim. You certainly will not make any new friends with this one.

I've got no cock in this fight, but since you "pirates" seem to be knowledgable about Florida and Gulf wrecks, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm co-founder, past president of the California Wreck Divers (www.cawreckdivers.org), a purely recreational, non-techie wreck diving club devoted to the "recovery, restoration, and display of marine artifacts". Since recovery is being prohibited world-wide, I/we are wondering if the Gulf is still legal for artifact recovery, over nine miles out. Which Florida live-aboards or day boats welcome us latter day "wreckers" and don't have a cow over recovery? Thanks for any and all input/advice.

Frank Farmer
http://home.earthlink.net/~aadiver :crafty:

WreckHunter:
I sent him a PM requesting that he have the courtesy to repond to the questions in this post. I'm betting that he does not.

Tim's been doing a lot with rebreathers lately, apparently good work, but that's a far stretch to claiming ownership of these wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom