Unique opportunity in Vietnam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ti325v

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Con Dao Islands Vietnam. Owner of Dive ! Dive ! Di
# of dives
We are looking for a unique individual to fill a unique position in our small dive shop.
No course work here, but instructors are welcome to apply.

Preference will be given to a freshly minted D.M. or Instructor.

I am not interested in highly experienced individuals, as there is that much more work in teaching you the right way, versus your way.

Our web site is here www.dive-condao.com

Reviews from customers can be found here.
Dive! Dive! Dive! - Con Son - Reviews of Dive! Dive! Dive! - TripAdvisor

This position is intended for a person able to commit for 2 or more years.
Required abilities include but are not limited too:
Out going personality.
Detail oriented.
Customer service oriented.
Computer literate.
Ability to work under pressure.
A positive progressive attitude.
No drugs or drinking.
The ability to cope with our isolated remote island location.
Cultural and environmental awareness and sensitivity.
No excessive tattoos.
Piercings limited to your ears.
Team player.
Open mind.
Always learning.
Passionate about diving and the sea, and be able to relay that passion.
In control of your emotions. This will be tested in our initial communications.

Preference will be given to women, multilingual (English, French, German) in their late twenties.
However this is flexible.
Re-numeration will be the best in the country for the right person, the best people generally get paid the most.
A cover letter, with a small photo along with a resume in grammatically correct English is a good start to proving how detail oriented you are.
Anything else will not be considered.
Really nice action videos are cool, but the internet is slow here and clearly not what I want, that was already clearly expressed.

This is indeed a unique opportunity, for a unique individual, please take a moment before replying and do a quick self assessment. I do not want to have anybody come here only to be on a plane a couple of weeks later looking for another job.
There will be few to no courses, so a QUALIFIED D.M. will be perfectly acceptable and in some ways preferable.
info@dive-condao.com

Is this a unionized shop, with a contractually established grievance process? In addition to female and late 20s applicants, is the LGBT community also given hiring preference? Does the excessive tattoo prohibition apply to those Polynesians whose culture may require extensive facial tattoos? Does it apply former inmates of correctional institutions whose gang affiliations have similar requirements? Is management democratically elected by staff?

Is this a unionized shop, with a contractually established grievance process? In addition to female and late 20s applicants, is the LGBT community also given hiring preference? Does the excessive tattoo prohibition apply to those Polynesians whose culture may require extensive facial tattoos? Does it apply former inmates of correctional institutions whose gang affiliations have similar requirements? Is management democratically elected by staff?

Just because we live in a country where we are forced to hire anyone who applies whether physically qualified or not doesn't mean everyone can't pick exactly the combination they have experience with and they know works. I would like to say in my hiring bulletins that preference will be given to veterans and Eagle Scouts, but I can't. They usually make the best employees, however.

I'm not sure what country you have in mind Capt. Frank, but it sure isn't the United States. Veterans preference is perfectly OK in most private employment situations. It's also established in federal law and state laws for many government jobs. Civil service exams frequently give extra points to honorably discharged vets. I doubt you would run into any problems if you indicated a preference for eagle scouts. Most legal guidelines for private hiring specify things you cannot do, like discrimination on the basis of race, religion, or sanity status, and even in private sector employment the reality is that you encounter problems only if you discriminate blatantly, like "No Esperatans or lactose intolerant Latvian Scientologists need apply".

Hello Gentlemen:
The first line does say Vietnam. There is no EEOC here.
I wonder why I reply, because feeding the trolls always turns into a flame war. Don't you people have anything better to do ?
This is a post for a job, if you look at the PADI or SSI boards, its all the same.
I do post here as I have had good luck here in the past finding staff who did not believe the PADI cool aid found themselves wanting to know more, as I did. I then grew weary of the trolls and moved on to TDS and RB world, it does take a while to get sick of you guys, but it does happen, as it has to me. You will find me there, not debating off topic stuff as I do on S.B.
This is indeed Vietnam, where we can call it as we see it...Not has the politically correct world would like us to be. Where we do not give lip service to EEOC regulations, nor waste the time of people we have no intention of hiring. Would you be happy to come half way around the world, just so I can be politically correct THEN find a reason to fire you ?
My wife is a Vietnamese dedicated Catholic doctor, I am a rabid atheist former construction worker who made it through a degree in engineering.
So please spare me any lecture on tolerance.
The people who work with me, also share a house with me and we are together 24X7 as we are the only westerners on the entire island.
I know what works for me and my other staff and my customers.
So if you are interested in a job, a resume is most welcome, if not take it up in Whine and Cheeze.
All my respects wookie, been following and learning from you for years on TDS, sounds like you are defending me here and I appreciate that.

If I weren't a crotchety old fart with one language and wasn't set in my ways, I'd throw you a resume in a heartbeat. I understand living with crew.....

I know the position has been filled, and a bit over a month ago, but I am curious, what was the position for exactly? Thanks,

Paint

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom