Underwater Scarlet / Gates Deep Epic Footage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon Shaw

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
This footage was from a pre- production shoot its a quick and dirty cut, conditions weren't great, vis on the wreck was 5-7m, Fish Rock was better at 15m vis but the depth was reasonably deep at about 30m. I am going to sound like every other guy with a Red but the vimeo thing just doesn't do it justice. I watched it on a 2K projector and it looked flippin awesome..... and that is at half res.

[video=vimeo;43240445]https://vimeo.com/43240445[/video]

I am using 50 watt HID's and 1000 lumen LED, to be honest I am not super happy with them. I have used L&M 4000's and wasn't sold by them either so really waiting to see what turns up, the Gates ones look pretty nice and could be a possible option

Nice video and awesome camera you've got there, did you get any footage through the cave? Shame that the vis wasn't as good there as the day I dived when we had 25-30m at fish rock with easily 50+ sharks seen during the dive.

I thought it must have been typical conditions but seeing the charter operator came for a dive the next day after the DM's told him how good we had it, we just got lucky because he lucked out pretty bad. The next day vis was barely 5m which was quite different compared to the awesome conditions the day before, same amount of sharks which was a little less comfortable if you cant see them :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom