Underwater Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, i'm looking to house my canon powershot A70...has anyone out there have one and housed it? if so could you tell me if it's worth it and did you use the internal flash or did you have a strobe?? I'm doing a trip to Key Largo at the end of the month and would like to get the housing for then..but, i'm wondering if it be worth doing it??? any advise would be greatly appreciated...! :10:

I just bought the A70 and the housing. I have not yet gotten to dive with it, but other folks on this board have it with the housing and like it.

I got my housing at www.walmart.com and it was delivered quick and it was cheaper than i could find elsewhere.

I have it and and it works great. It lets you access all the camera functions underwater. The flash works well with close up shots. I've taken my set up on two dive trips and I've loved it. Next to learning how to dive, it's probably one of my investments to date. Nothing like showing your pics to your friends and make them green with envy.

I also got my housing at wal-mart online. It was cheap and it shipped fast.

Ok...thanks so much! One question for Midwestdvr....now do you use the internal flash or do you have the strobe for it????

Wendy:
I just bought the A70 and the housing. I have not yet gotten to dive with it, but other folks on this board have it with the housing and like it.

I got my housing at www.walmart.com and it was delivered quick and it was cheaper than i could find elsewhere.

Glad to see that it all worked out.

I'll be posting my A70 pictures of my dives in the Bahamas, GC and Cozumel shortly. Watch the gallery.

Marc

Scuba65, I just use the internal flash for now. Its powerful enough for close up shots. Using it for distance greater than about 3 feet doesn't really do any good, I tend to get a lot of backscatter with distance shots. Once I get the hang of using full manual, will get the strobe for it. Have fun with yours.

FLL diver, can't wait to see your shots. Your early shots was what convinced me to get the a70 and the housing for the first place. It was great value for the money spent. Thnx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom