Underwater Housing for Sony DSC-P10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windsor

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with the underwater housing for the Sony DSCP-10? I have the camera and like it alot, but before I shell out $200 for the underwater housing (if I can find it in stock anywhere), I'd like to know if anyone has used it and likes it. One of my concerns is whether the flash works well underwater. Also how difficult is it to operate if you are wearing 5mm gloves?

Can't speak for the P10 but I have a P5, very similiar. To answer both your questions, yes and yes. The flash works fine through the housing (you can check my gallery for examples) and the controls are easy to operate in thick gloves (do it every weekend). Check E-Bay for the housing, you could save some money.

Windsor:
Has anyone had experience with the underwater housing for the Sony DSCP-10? I have the camera and like it alot, but before I shell out $200 for the underwater housing (if I can find it in stock anywhere), I'd like to know if anyone has used it and likes it. One of my concerns is whether the flash works well underwater. Also how difficult is it to operate if you are wearing 5mm gloves?
I have the P10 and housing. Gloves are not a problem. I took these shots in Bonaire on a odark thirty dive. Camera in auto mode and internal flash w/diffuser. Not the best pics(colors need adjusted) but it will give you an idea of what it can do. I bought the housing from Etronics.com for around $170.

im using the pha housing as well.
no problems with gloves or freezing hands.

the flash works well for close up shots.
due to the proximity to the lens there is unavoidable backscatter past about 3 or 4 feet.

there are ways to hook up additional lenses and a strobe with arm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom