Underwater housing for Canon A720IS (WP-DC16)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meagicano

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm looking for an underwater housing for the old Canon A720IS digital camera I have kicking around. I don't want to upgrade to a new model of camera at the moment as I'm on a fairly tight budget due to imminent "retirement" from the military.

I found it on the Canon estore for $285 and it's on ebay for about $210. I'm in Canada, if that makes a difference, but am willing to pay shipping or drive down to Ogdensburg to pick it up from the UPS store.

Thanks!

I have one and am located in Vancouver. It's not brand new, though. What price are you hoping to pay?

I honestly don't even know what's a fair price because the camera itself is about six years old and I know Canon did a big clear-out of underwater cases about 4 years ago (price was $76). The big thing keeping me from buying a new case from the retail outlets is that I know it's an older camera and they do eventually conk out! Plus, if I drop $250 or so on the waterproof case I might as well just buy a new case and a new camera and have everything together for about $500.

Is the one you have in decent shape? No issues that you know of?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom