Underwater Green Screen Development & Models underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awetmedic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
With the color red disappearing after 12 feet of distance from the bulb to the camera, getting a model lit in front of a green screen is a challenge as the light has to be uniform in temperature for the screen and the model. I will be using 8 to 16 12v projector bulbs underwater for this. Does anyone have any experience with an underwater green screen?

The main project is to re-create the Oracle shot from the movie 300. There are other shots with and without the green screen that need development for the studio portfolio.

I have a 12’ deep very warm 82’ long underwater studio, hd u/w video gear, and some hot models ready to jump in but it takes more than one cameraman to do this shot. Underwater photography for the models has been very popular and you can get some very artistic shots, instead of just shooting marine life.

I would like to find other photographers or helpers to collaborate on this green screen with labor, money or expertise to take it to the next level. I live in Cumming GA, exit 16 on GA 400. I can trade pool time so you can teach, or give you sailing lessons, sailboat use, instruction etc. I want to build a better underwater lighting system and set and build the studio portfolio. I also need helpers to help launch the models or position them. If you are an instructor needing a pool, air and gear, it is here, if you need your divemaster I can do that. fast@wavetheusaflag.com If you want to get space at this lake front studio thats possible too. Alan 678 697 6566

Just come out here during "plankton season..." the water is uniformly green. Just teasing ya, but I do have wondered about this. Would it be easier to accomplish the same thing underwater with a blue screen?

Yes, you can key in on any color, but if that color has any red in it, then it is muted. There will definitly be some experimentation. Blue would be a good choice if there is nothing blue in the background. I would think that green color of blood at about 20 feet would be about right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom