underwater forests in Tobermory??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are two forests south from Grand Bend to Point Edward. If you dive the wreck Sweetheart north of Port Huron, off to the east is a massive underwater forest that straddles the border. We found it during dive practice. The other is off of Goderich/ Grand Bend area that Trotter found while looking for the Wexford. I do not know if the location was dived upon. It also seems that they exist only at a certain depth.

Like around 35 ft?

Yea that's about right. It's seems the trees were only there for 50 years before the lake level rose dramatically. They had a PBS show on it doing the salvage of petrified wood, and there stumps off of Lexington.

A friend of mine was out looking for this forest the other day. I never heard of it before, though I am from Owen Sound and dove the Cedar Hill site in the early 90's, long before there were any 'attractions' there.

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has updated navigation information about this supposed forest?

Thanks,

MT

Bumping this thread.

I have researched this myself for a while. Never seen anyone find it yet. So. Has anyone found it yet ?

I believe we anchored over it while in Colpoys Bay. We anchored right near the crosshairs and I saw a bunch of stumps and logs.
Screenshot_20200717-205856_US&Canada.jpg

Also I believe that there is one near Cape Croker harbor on the northern side of the Peninsula.
Screenshot_20200717-210201_US&Canada.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom