Underwater Ethics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

strassert

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First post. Just came back today from our place down on the Treasure Coast and had questions concerning when a find is mind but is is encased by coral. I made several finds on the coral reefs using an excalibur 1000 and the only way to access these finds would be to break open the coral which I did not do. I have seen 2 modes of thought on this and I made what I thought was the ethical decision but I see other treasure hunters openly picking away. I'm aware of the admiralty laws and I did not hunt in any fashion which violate the florida law but I'm more concerned about what I viewed as the damaging of a living organism. Is this commonplace and accepted behavior? Capt. Fizz, i'd really like to know your opinion on this. todd in Cincy

I don't know what the RULES are but I will say this. The coral already has a hard enough time surviving and they don't need other things killing them. I commend you on your ethics and hope you keep it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom