Underwater Digital Camera Case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrSmitty13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a powershot G9 from Canon and have the underwater case that is sold separately. When I first got the camera and took pictures above water with the case being wet I did not have a problem with water beading plastic that the lens shoots through. Lately it seems the problem has gotten worse and worse where if it is wet, there are tons of water beads on it and with myself usually being wet have nothing to wipe it off.

Somebody suggested trying rain x on that part? Any suggestions?

I think the rain-x might be a good suggestion. Be careful not to scratch your lens though. I don't know if rain-x contains any abrasives that could ruin a lens, so maybe test it on your fingers before rubbing it into a lens!

canon housing has a glass lens opening not a plastic one

Not sure that Rain_X will do anything for you. It will bead it up but the air flow across your windshield is what clears it.

I have a powershot G9 from Canon and have the underwater case that is sold separately. When I first got the camera and took pictures above water with the case being wet I did not have a problem with water beading plastic that the lens shoots through. Lately it seems the problem has gotten worse and worse where if it is wet, there are tons of water beads on it and with myself usually being wet have nothing to wipe it off.

Somebody suggested trying rain x on that part? Any suggestions?
Hi, check out the Underwater Digital Camera Case link below, You can use this case to take underwater shots at depths of up to 40 meters, and it is idea for taking worry-free pictures in the rain, at the beach, or on the ski slopes.
amazon.co.uk/Canon-WP-DC21-Waterproof-Case-PowerShot/dp/B000V74S1Y

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom