Underwater color corrector app for Ipad or iphone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone recommend me an excellent underwater color corrector app for videos for Ipad or iphone beside "Dive+" (or is it the best one on the app store), and even for macbook pro ? I am not looking to break the bank either for a software on macbook pro, I know about final cut pro and the likes but rather an app like LumaFusion for example.
Thanks !

Can anyone recommend me an excellent underwater color corrector app for videos for Ipad or iphone beside "Dive+" (or is it the best one on the app store), and even for macbook pro ? I am not looking to break the bank either for a software on macbook pro, I know about final cut pro and the likes but rather an app like LumaFusion for example.
Thanks !
on your macbook you could try the free version of DaVinci resolve , it quite a full featured editor, but the learning curve may be a little steep. It does have good resources for tutorials etc. There are limits to how far you can grade videos of course they are not RAW files and don't have the range you do on still images taken in RAW. That said a reasonably colour balanced video comes up quite nicely.

Thanks but way too expensive this Davinci if I'd have to purchase it. On my Ipad I use LumaFusion but rather looking for an app like Dive+ that could do a similar work without the hassle to make multiple operations to color grade a video. Like instant color grading if you understand what I mean.

Thanks but way too expensive this Davinci if I'd have to purchase it. On my Ipad I use LumaFusion but rather looking for an app like Dive+ that could do a similar work without the hassle to make multiple operations to color grade a video. Like instant color grading if you understand what I mean.

Is Free too expensive? I'm amazed they offer a free version - it's DaVinci Resolve that's free not DaVinci Resolve studio and the free version is well featured. I think instant colour grading is expecting a bit too much, particularly in a free or almost free app.

I am afraid my mid 2012 mbp won't follow very well this software despite having 1T of storage and almost full with 16G of RAM, I am actually waiting for the next high level entry of M1 MBP with 32G of RAM and 2T of storage.
That's the reason for the moment I am more looking for less power hungry softwares till I get my new one.

I am afraid my mid 2012 mbp won't follow very well this software despite having 1T of storage and almost full with 16G of RAM, I am actually waiting for the next high level entry of M1 MBP with 32G of RAM and 2T of storage.
That's the reason for the moment I am more looking for less power hungry softwares till I get my new one.

Davinci runs fine on my 2013 macbook pro. Not as fast as on my desktop PCs but gets the job done.

I've toyed around with Dive+ on an M1 MBP and I don't recommend it, like most of the iOS apps that get ported over to work on the M1 mbp they aren't optimized at all for it, and the interface is clunky as best (due to the app expecting touch and you having to use trackpad (or mouse)/keyboard. Hopefully that'll change, but currently while possible most of the iOS apps on M1 on are not good at all.

I'd just suck it up and do the $30 dive+ paid option for your use case, but keeping it on an iPad/iPhone.

I agree to pay 30$ or even 50$ for a lifetime app, but never will I pay for 12 months, sorry, not that stupid.

Sorry to interject this, but when I first read the title of the thread, it caught my attention as I thought it read "Underwear color corrector..." That's what an advertisement can do to one's mind I guess!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 9.21.50 PM.png

Funscuba, Ram and storage have almost nothing to do with computing power needed to run applications. You could put 64 GB and 12 TB on your current system or even the M1 equipped system and it would make almost zero difference in how responsive the system is compared to how it is now. The processor is what makes it faster or slower. Ram is just the memory the computer uses to temporarily store the stuff it is working on when running your application. Too little ram would begin to impact performance because if it does not have enough working space in memory it has to swap out pieces to storage which is magnitudes slower to access than ram. However you are likely already above minimum ram. Storage is only where your files are stored. Nowadays you trade constant updates, features and support for money and few developers sell their software for a single fixed price because they can't recoup the considerable cost and effort it took to maintain and provide any support. I'd love to go back to paying $500 once for Photoshop, but that's long gone. For the task you want to do, if you balk at paying anything to do it, you might as well throw your computer away because like free scuba lesson, the cost only goes up from here.

@funscuba A little late to the party here, but I was recently looking for an alternative app to Dive+, and decided to try to build one myself :)

App store link: ‎SeaReal
Demo:

Admittedly, watermark removal is still behind a paywall, but it's a one-time purchase rather than a subscription. Anyway, hope you found/find something that works for ya, be it this or something else!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom