Underwater case needed for flash.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pggeek

Reaction score
I got a G5 and an underwater case I need a case for the flash. Does anyone know of a case or bag rated to about 130' that could house a 550 ex. I was hoping to find a old ikelite case or something similar. It would have to have an ID of 9"x3" or 5"X7" any idears?
--
-=Jason=-

Am I understanding correctly....You're hunting a housing for a strobe? One that is not expressly made for underwater?

In that case no, and I wouldn't suggest you try any alternatives. They don't make them for a reason!

I suppose if you had a clear box and was using the strobe on a slave setting it would theoretically be possible but I doubt you'll find any waterproof boxes to go that deep.

That is what I am looking for, maybe a old ikelite camera box or something just wondering if anyone made boxes. I called ikelite and got the slave for my strobe and discussed it with them and they seem to think it will work fine, the clear box/bag is the item I need to find. The only disadvantage is it will be bulkeyer than a nice underwater flash, but on the bright side it will have more power than a ds125.

Otter make a clear waterprrof box but I don't have a clue what the depth rating would be!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom