"Underwater! (1955 Film) by John Sturges"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the studio original version on VHS. From the back of the videotape box:

"Treasure hunters face the dangers of the deep in UNDERWATER!, RKO's romantic action-adventure set in the exotic undersea world of the Caribbean. Hollywood beauty Jane Russell is Theresa, girlfriend of the ship's operator, Johnny, who teams up with perennial rainbow chaser, Dominic. They hunt for fabled treasure lost in an old Spanish galleon off the Cuban coast. Amid the threat of rapacious sharks and hazards of underwater salvaging, the adventurers work against time. They must raise the gold from its ghostly grave before the rotting old ship's hull slips off a ledge where it has rested for centuries. If that weren't enough, the group must outwit a local pirate. This thriller is photographed in Technicolor in a beautiful setting of lush tropical ports and unfathomable undersea locations.

Howard Hughes presents UNDERWATER! Starring Jane Russell. Co-starring Gilbert Roland, Lori Nelson and Richard Egan with Robert Keith and Joseph Calleia. Produced by Harry Tatelman. Screenplay by Walter Newman. Directed by John Sturges. Color by Technicolor. 1954 RKO Inc. Renewed 1982 RKO General Inc."

I've always liked this film. Many a rainy day I spent at my local dive shop watching this along with The Deep. I'd be willing to sell my copy if someone wanted it on VHS.

Back
Top Bottom