Undergarments for Neoprene Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socal434

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently purchased the Pinnacle Black Ice neoprene dry suit and I am trying to find a good undergarment set for it. I have read that neoprene provides more warmth than the shell type suits but not any real temperatures to go on. I plan on doing some ice diving in the winter and some water around the 10C - 15C temps other times during the year. I had my eye on the Pinnacle 250G Temperate Undergarment and want to know what temps this would be good to in the type of dry suit I purchased. Would I be able to wear some lighter wool underwear for the 10C -15C and the 250G undergarment for the water closer to 0C? Any input would be appreciated.

unfortunately no one is going to be able to help you with this because undergarments are wildly dependent on the person wearing them, their drysuit diving habits, and the rest of the outfit. The hood is the #1 most crucial thing on your body when you're in cold water, your gloves and socks tie for #2. The black ice is regularly worn in 20C water with nothing but T-shirts for long dives, but for colder water you're going to need to evaluate your thermal needs and unfortunately the only way to do that is to actually go and do it. It says you're in Kuwait, so not familiar if you have stores like REI out there, but generic ReI branded Polartec is quite good and quite inexpensive and will be easy to layer. I would avoid Pinnacle undergarments and go straight to 4th element. You want a package that you can layer and is separate pieces because you'll be changing stuff around for a little while. Most people dive with less undergarments on their legs than they do on their torso to keep air out of there and the fact that your legs are moving so the blood flow is still going up there, but you want your arms and chest nice and warm because they aren't doing a whole lot. The 4th Element is probably the best overall undergarment system out there, and is well worth the money. That would be your icier diving conditions, then would go with something like REI Midweight for the 10-15c.
http://www.rei.com/search?query=mid...ENEbXFSV0tZeWtnJTI1M0QlMjUzRCZzcnNpemU9MzA%3D

4th Element Arctic Package | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

Back
Top Bottom