Undergarments and Weight Requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I started diving in a Seaskin Nova with Seaskin's 250gm thinsulate undergarment. I'm going to start using the 150gm thinsulate shorty (waters are warming up). Does anyone know how much weight I can take off going from the 250gm full body, to the 150gm shorty? Thanks.

I started diving in a Seaskin Nova with Seaskin's 250gm thinsulate undergarment. I'm going to start using the 150gm thinsulate shorty (waters are warming up). Does anyone know how much weight I can take off going from the 250gm full body, to the 150gm shorty? Thanks.
How sized are you? Delta of 250 to 150 in XXL is different than XXS

Ballpark it by the size difference when loosly rolled up. Depending on how you think, a pint-sized difference is about 1 lbs or a liter-sized difference is 1 kg.

Assuming that you are properly weighted in your 250g undergarment...If possible, reduce by 1-2lbs at start then do a proper weight check at the end of dive at the reserve gas limit.
I try to do this when ever I introduce new gear that may significantly change my buoyancy. Then you will know for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom