Under Antarctic Ice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weight_for_me

Contributor
Reaction score
On the Washington Post Web site (washingtonpost.com), click on the "Live Online" tab. There you'll find info about......

"In PBS Nature's "Under Antarctic Ice," Filmmaker Norbert Wu and his team make the 2,400-mile journey from Christchurch, New Zealand to McMurdo Station, Antarctica to make the first high-definition film of life hidden under the Antarctic ice.

Wu and Rob Robbins, Scientific Diving Coordinator for the U.S. Antarctic Program, will be online Monday, Jan. 13 at 2 p.m. ET, to discuss the diversity of life under Antarctic ice and the process of filming in difficult conditions."

It sounds interesting.
Randy...

I'll put it on my tv viewing schedule!

Not bad, saw it last night, but I didn't think they spent enough time showing the dives themselves. They had Y or H-valves, but otherwise I was a bit surprised by the gear configuration they were using for the diving they were doing.

I just saw this vid - Rob Robbins showed it to us. He was an instructor at a class I was taking. Very cool guy. Beautifully shot vid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom