"Uncharted" Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of good advice about bringing a knife or two for fishing line.

I don't disagree with carrying a knife, or two, however I have found an actual line cutter, say a Trilobite, is better for fishing line. Normally I carry a Trilobite, shears, BFK, and sometimes a small sharp knife. If the fishermen in the area use downriggers, I take a set of diagonal cutting pliers in case I have to clear any of the downrigger cable. Place the cutting devices on your person so that at least one can be reached if one of your hands are tied up, figuratively or literally.

Have fun, be safe

Bob

I don't disagree with carrying a knife, or two, however I have found an actual line cutter, say a Trilobite, is better for fishing line. Normally I carry a Trilobite, shears, BFK, and sometimes a small sharp knife. If the fishermen in the area use downriggers, I take a set of diagonal cutting pliers in case I have to clear any of the downrigger cable. Place the cutting devices on your person so that at least one can be reached if one of your hands are tied up, figuratively or literally.

I totally agree with you Bob. I should have been more specific. For example, I like having a Trilobite too, I just used all the thinks you listed as "dive knife."

Thanks for being more specific. I thinks that's totally helpful for the OPs question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom