Unbelievable visibility on the Yukon yesterday (Sunday, Nov 6th)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was out for dive 4 of my full photogrammetry model project of the Yukon. I could not believe how good the visibility was, especially after the large swell and wind late last week. Below are a few photos to give readers an idea. Unfortunately, my camera was setup for taking photogrammetry photos -- otherwise they would have been even better!

I'll be posting an update to the Yukon model in the next few days. Good progress was made. It now consists of 5,000 photos.

Updates at Wrecked in my rEvo

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 8.01.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 8.04.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 8.03.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 8.05.21 AM.png

Regards,

- brett

Hi @beldridg

You go down, you look around, you never know what you will see. I only have 13 dives on the Yukon, never saw it like that :)

Your model is fantastic, look forward to the next iteration.

It now consists of 5,000 photos.
Your desktop computer is going to need a long safety stop after the hours and hours of crunching & assembling that. Nice Viz !!

Your desktop computer is going to need a long safety stop after the hours and hours of crunching & assembling that. Nice Viz !!

Yeah, for sure.

It has been cranking away on the dense cloud for 2+ hours and has at least 2+ more to go. The alignment took longer than that! It is an iMac Pro with a 8-Core Intel Xeon and a Radeon Pro Vega graphics card. I really wish I had access to a massive compute farm!

- brett

Hi @beldridg

You go down, you look around, you never know what you will see. I only have 13 dives on the Yukon, never saw it like that :)

Your model is fantastic, look forward to the next iteration.

Thanks! As usual, I've run into a few snags on the 4th dive version of the model but I should have something out this week.

- brett

Back
Top Bottom