Unable to Edit Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vercingetorix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am no longer able to edit posts that are more than a day old. I previously was able to do so. I can edit posts on the same day they are posted.

The time limit is 12 hours. Afterwards, you'll have to ask a mod.

Vercingetorix:
I am no longer able to edit posts that are more than a day old. I previously was able to do so. I can edit posts on the same day they are posted.

I like the new rule and think even 12 hours is too long.

You should make use of the Preview Post option to verify what your post looks and sounds like, correct oversights and typos, then post. Consider anything you say publicly as "forever". If you flamed somebody or something then after cooling off wish to take it back, a mod will gladly help you out.

If you need to edit or add content, you can simply make a new post and reference the previous one.

It's annoying and disruptive to the thread flow when people edit posts later on, especially once subsequent posts have been made. Several times people have said things, I responded to what they said, then they went back and changed it. My post could then appear quite odd or nonsensical to the reader (as if they aren't already).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom