Ulua Beach, Maui Night Dive 04/23/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSeanMaui

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went diving with a local at Ulua Beach. Conditions were nice at depth and we had a nice 90ish minute dive(thank you 100 cu ft tank)! We saw a lot of Morays, Shrimp, some Nudis in the water and the usual suspects. I was trying out a Woody's Diopter for my 60mm macro lens. The diopter lets me reduce the minimum focus distance and adds some magnification. It fits right over my flat port and fits very snug! Here are a few of my photos:

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

More photos on my blog:
Ulua Beach, Maui Night Dive, 04/23/2008 - Scuba Diving and Underwater Photography

If you're interested I have gotten bigger strobes and a focus light in the past few months.. Both are very helpful!

Sean

Beautiful Sean! Love the orange nudi and the details, breath taking. You have come a long, long way with your photography! Bravo!!

Oh yeah, the moray, poor guy missing part of his jaw....:( Is he a regular?

Thanks everyone! I have an email out to John Hoover about the Moray. He looked like a Dwarf in coloration but he had a pretty large head... I felt bad for that moray with the split mouth but he looked fat!! He was pretty old but still kickin'! I'm heading back tonight and hope I can get some better photos of that Pearlfish... I'll post those later in the week!

Have a great week!

Sean

John is so helpful...I'm sure you'll hear back from him soon :wink:

That star-fish is incredible.

Unfortunately, I think I may have seen one of his arms being munched on by a pufferfish today... didn't clue in (was at a distance) and just figured it was a sea cucumber since there was one in the sand nearby.

The starfish submerged below the sand as we watched him... Pretty fun stuff!

The Moray I asked John Hoover about is in his opinion Gymnothorax steindachneri which is an endemic species to Hawaii... I don't think I've seen one before! Ulua is a rockin' night dive!!

Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom