Ultimate Diver Challenge Happening Now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NASEHQ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
[h=1]Ultimate Diver Challenge Happening Now[/h]
[h=3]SCUBA COMPETITION WITH AN EDGE kicks off July 20 in Palm Beach county, Florida.[/h]
Released on: 7/24/2012
“The Ultimate Diver Challenge showcases the extreme importance that is placed on education, training and safety emphasized by the scuba diving industry. Although diving is typically seen as an buddy reliant, non-competitive sport, each of us is obligated to maintain and improve our scuba skills that will not only keep ourselves and others safe, but help protect our reefs and marine life from human harm.” Says Executive Producer, Pam Bertrand
This unique event will promote scuba diving to a massive amount of new divers. With the popularity of reality TV shows, UDC aims to bring the excitement of diving to viewers in a fun competitive way.
“There is a new generation of adventure seekers that we simply are not reaching. The UDC is a way to show how exciting scuba can be and not just something your grandparents do while on a cruise” says Scott Evans, NASE Worldwide. “We are sponsoring The Ultimate Diver Challenge as a way to focus on new diver acquisition and the future of our beloved sport”.
UDC will run over 12 days and consist of a variety of events that teams compete in. This year’s event has 22 “stars” and only the top team will finish. NASE Worldwide will be participating in the schedule of events includes free seminars, Discover Scuba events, gear demos, and much more.
To learn more about the UDC or NASE Worldwide please visit their website.

DiveNewswire

[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
DiveNewswire

Some of the contests are actually pretty cool to see...as a spectator. I was on the underwater filming crew Saturday at BHB and I had a riot watching the different ways some divers would solve or not solve things, and how well they would handle the obstacles.
Someone should post the filming schedule, for the next shoots.....The first one had no UDC people with free time to do "meet and greets" with the crowds at BHB, and I think many got the impression that spectating was not allowed...the police helping may have added to this impression :) But I think they are planning on having personell available to help people at the Bridge watch the next segment being filmed, if they would like. This show has all the ingredients to be a very big Reality TV show, in the size range of Survivor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom