Ultima Dry Glove O-Ring Placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I had a professional install my Ultima Dry Glove System in a new dry-suit. It looks like the Latex gaskets were rather short and he had to place the O-Ring closer to the suit rather than closer to the gloves. Is this going to pose a problem? It looks like the frame has a bevel that would support an O-Ring, but I don't know. I attached a photo illustrating this.

I made the decision to get the Ultima Dry Glove System after watching Deep South Divers' YouTube review on it.

Attachments

• ultima-dryglove.jpg
    ultima-dryglove.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 328
That doesn't look like it's fitted right.
You should not see an O-ring on the outside.
Check the "MOUNTING ULTIMA ON A WP DRYSUIT WITH LATEX SEALS" section in this manual (pages 11-13).

Technically, based on the manual, the latex seal should be under the silicone/rubber band that is to the left of the o-ring in your picture. When mounting, the silicone/rubber band would be removed, the latex seal would extend past this area and the o-ring would then be added to the top most groove (area under left margin of silicone/rubber band in picture). The latex would then be pulled back, hiding the o-ring and the silicone/rubber band would be put back in place with the built-in o-ring of the band adding added security a top of the installed o-ring.

If the latex seals are too short to accomplish the above, then it is perfectly find to have the system setup as in the picutre posted above. It is not ideal, but as long as the latex seal does not slip out and the cuffs + seals are not too short, then there should be no issues diving it.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom