ULCS tray and handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SimonJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Was seriously thinking about buying the ULCS digital tray and handle for my Canon housing, as it also works with the Inon lens mount. Just wondering if anyone has any experience using it and what they think? I was hoping to be able to attach my strobe to the top using some loc-line sections for the arm.

Simon,
I don't know about the tray and handle but I can tell you Gilligan tried all sorts of different methods of attaching the loc-line to the handle. Hopefully he'll pop in and offer some advice and images. They would be very helpful.
TedJ

I use ULCS tray and arms. IMHO, they are the best available. No idea re: loc line

Chris

Simon, check with Ryan at Underwater Camera Pros. He can tell you if the loc-line arms can be fitted to the UCLS arms and sell them to you to boot!

SimonJ I don't know if this is of any help to you. I already had a tray and handle when I bought my Inon. I didn't want to but a new tray and arm without first trying the loc-line setup. I bought the parts directly from http://www.modularhose.com/ as they come in all black and are very cheap.
I used brass garden hose end caps at the handle and the strobe. I used stainless steel bolts through the brass caps into both the strobe and the handle. The Inon D-180 has a nut built into the bottom of it (6mm I think). I used a cable tie to pass through the strobe head above the nut to the top loc line part just to secure it all so it would not come undone while diving. The loc-line part that threads into the brass cap on the handle has a clevis pin through them to keep them from unscrewing but at the same time allows me to seperate the strobe and arm from the handle.
The only thing I added that is not shown in the photo is a safety leash from the strobe head to the tray in case any of those loc-line joints should pop apart leaving only the fiber optic cable to save the strobe head from sinking to the depths. The safety leash is a black nylon small dog leash from WalMart with a plastic buckle.
So far so good.

setup.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom