UK SL4 eLED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skewbaa

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking at the SL4 eLED and many places--including the UK site--gives 116 lumens for brightness, but other places give 38. Are some places trying to sell off an older, inferior model? I've seen both lumen ratings for this model for the same price. Seems like quite a bit of a change in lumens.

The difference may be that there is a SL4 and a SL4 eled. The SL4 is a xenon lamp.

Nah, these were both SL4 eleds. Interestingly, I went to a dive shop and found the SL4 eLed for sale in both the old and newer packaging. The old one showing the lower lumen rating and the newer with the higher--both the same price. We took both into a dark room and could detect any difference in brightness, but the newer one seemed to have a slightly different color to it. Anyway, the shop guy suggests a completely different model--an Inon 250 lumen LED--and I fell in love with it immediately and bought it. It was brighter, much less bulky and lighter. And only slightly more in price (here, in Japan).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom