UK - Sea Snake...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never seen that coloration on a sea snake. Did you see it swim? Did you make out an actual head?

Hi

The only footage I've got is whats shown above. Didn't see it move, but we didn't hang around it long.

I guess it could be a sea cucumber. I'm pretty new to all this....

Heck, it could be a fake rubber snake for all I know that someone put there for a laugh or dropped off the pier......

Nick.

Never heard of a pipe fish, but after googling it, I think you're probably right with its head on the left side, that looks like it maybe its snout that can be seen too.

Seems more likely than a sea snake. Either way its a cool find.

Thanks.

Nick.

I think it is a pipe fish by markings and shape. I believe the head is on the left and it does move a bit. However to be sure I would need to see the head and tail better. The pipe fish in the caribbean are smaller than this using the vido camera (go pro?) for scale. Early on in the video I think I can make out a whitish snout. The "corners" on the flat top suggest pipefish also. I say this using experience from the other side of the atlantic.

Back
Top Bottom