UK making a headlamp? Who makes a good cheap headlamp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boatdude

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I heard UK was releasing a headlamp this year, is this true? And if it is, why can't I find it anywhere? Also, I'm in the market for a headlamp, nothing pricey, any suggestions?

For diving? If so, are you aware this is likely to blind your dive buddy every time you look his or her direction?

Headlamps come in handy when you go lobstering or crabbing at night. Leaves your hands free for handling the captured preys and net bags.

I've used the little OMS headlamp for night dives (both as headlamp or in a handheld, Goodman-type configuration). Inexpensive, reasonably bright for its size, and even though the battery isn't as standard as a C cell, it's still pretty easy to find even at places like Walgreens (CR123 - a pretty common camera battery).

It's one of those twist-off, twist-on kind of things, so the only thing to watch is when you turn it off, just barely twist it to where the LED goes off - go much farther and you risk flooding the battery compartment (voice of experience here).

>*< Fritz

I heard UK was releasing a headlamp this year, is this true? And if it is, why can't I find it anywhere? Also, I'm in the market for a headlamp, nothing pricey, any suggestions?

I've got the princeton tec one... it's pretty cheap.

it's supposed to be waterproof, but I've never used it for diving yet...

For diving? If so, are you aware this is likely to blind your dive buddy every time you look his or her direction?

Even worse than that, in anything but crystal clear water, you can blind yourself with backscatter. Think high beams on a foggy night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom