UK Light Cannon 100 HID Handle Screw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Woland

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a UK Light Cannon 100 Pro HID dive light and the screw that secures the handle to the unit has no "indent" on the top of the screw so I can't screw it into the unit (i.e. there's no place on the screwhead to "insert" a screwdriver, so I can't get leverage to screw it in).

I obviously got a dud screw from UK and I can't find a replacement screw anywhere.

Anyone know where I can buy such a screw online, or perhaps have an extra screw they'd be willing to part with? I'll pay for it of course.

Or do you think I should contact UK?

Thanks.

Woland

Checked a few hardware stores in town and had no luck. Took the trip out to Home Depot and I'm all set. I have 3 extra screws if anyone else gets a dud.

Woland

partridge:
I had the same thing happen on a screw for something else. I just put it in a vise and used a hack saw to "make" an indent for a flat screw driver.

Hehe, before I posted here I asked a few friends if they had a vise so I could do the same. :wink:

I've done it using pliers to hold it. A little awkward, but it worked. (Tip: wrap the screw thread in tissue paper first so you don't damage the threads.)

Back
Top Bottom